Agronomy Team Leader, Crop Protection
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Woolpit, Bury St. Edmunds, GB
Company: BASF plc
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56689548_ONLE_2
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF plc, BASF Group's main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethane systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
What you can expect
In this role, you will be responsible for the Management and training of a team of Development Agronomists.
- This involves ensuring the timely progression of the team's key tasks as well as the planning and execution of a series of trials, leading to data generation and subsequent advice from the conclusions drawn.
- You will also be responsible for the production of protocols in order to meet agreed objectives as well as the implementation of a pre-defined number of trials according to these protocols.
- On a day-to-day basis, you will monitor the progress and quality of the external trials.
- In addition to updating the electronic database (SPEAD), you will also regularly update and inform the Development Manager on the progress of the trials and staff issues.
What we expect
- Qualified to degree level in agriculture, biological sciences or equivalent, you will also have extensive experience of conducting agrochemical field trials combined with an up-to-date awareness of crop agronomic developments affecting trial qualities.
- You also hold an NPTC certificate of competence in the use of pesticides (Part 1 and Part 6).
- Being a self-starter and able to work on your own initiative is necessary as well as excellent organisational and planning skills in order to manage a complex and varied workload.
- The ability to communicate well and liaise with all levels of people is also an essential aspect of this role.
- You have experience in the managing, training and developing of a team.
- Good level of IT skills (Microsoft Office) and ARM are essential.
- A valid driving licence is required as you will be provided with a company car for business purposes.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Closing Date: 3 November 2017
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.