Associate Chemist - Precious Metals Assay Lab
Job Field: REDE - Research & Development
Location: Union, NJ, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1704204
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… BASF’s Catalysts division is the world’s leading supplier of environmental and process catalysts. This position is an Associate Chemist in the Wet Chemistry Laboratory (Precious Metal Assay Services) in Union, NJ. The Precious Metals Assay Services Lab is the Corporate Center of Excellence for precious metals analysis at BASF; we are an analytical chemistry lab that specializes in high accuracy/precision analyses of precious metals, and precious metals containing materials, globally. Associate Chemist – Precious Metals Assay Lab (1704204) – Union, NJ Formula for Success: You Will…
- Ensure on-time execution of analytical requests in the area of precious metals analysis, providing direct analytical support to BASF businesses.
- Handle multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced analytical chemistry laboratory.
- Must work well both independently and as a team member, assisting in other areas if necessary.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or a related discipline, combined with relevant work experience.
- Excellent laboratory skills, including detailed recordkeeping, knowledge of safe handling of chemicals and equipment, academic knowledge and training in basic chemistry principles, procedures, and theories.
- Prior background in wet chemistry (gravimetric assay, acid leaching, fire assay, elemental determination) is preferred.
- Experience working in an ISO-compliant laboratory is a plus.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark