Research Scientist Polymer Synthesis (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Trostberg, DE
Company: BASF Construction Solutions GmbH
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56155240_ONLE_6
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
The employees of the BASF Construction Solutions GmbH Group play a central role in maintaining and expanding BASF's leading position by focusing on key technology in the construction industry as well as in other strategic areas. Working closely with our internal and external partners, we provide solutions for future success.
Learn more about BASF Construction Solutions GmbH at http://on.basf.com/ConstructionEN
What you can expect
Within our Cementitious Systems unit, you will manage a research lab and assume responsibility for managing your employees.
- You will initiate research projects in the area of polymers for applications in hydraulic binder systems, develop lab formulas and syntheses independently and optimize these to the point of product readiness.
- You will document your findings and support the full testing of developed products in application technology test systems.
- You will organize and optimize workflows and be responsible for compliance with occupational health, safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- You will also actively participate in building and expanding contacts with operational units as well as scientific and research partners.
- You will review patents and scientific literature and will draft patent applications independently.
What we expect
- You have a PhD in chemistry with a focus on polymers.
- You have fluent business proficiency in spoken and written English and ideally have skills in other foreign languages.
- You are willing to lead a team to success through your initiative and organizational skills.
- On a personal level, you convince by your determined and performance-oriented working style as well as your excellent communication and argumentation skills.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.