Senior Staff, R+D, Coatings
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Totsuka, JP
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_JP_23705
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
Objectives of the Position
• The Senior staff works for Product Development with lab. activities at his or her responsible project. He or She can work on them under the support of his superior. And he or she must learn and follow the company and lab. rules including EHS compliance.
• He or She is expected to acquire basic coating skills/expertise for development and good communication in R&D.
(1) Development new product and technology
- Proceed development along the timeline.
- Contribute to profitability with cost awareness.
- Ensure quality stability for SOP product with leader’s support.
(2) Launch new product smoothly with appropriate internal and external communication
- Complete technical transfer with leader’s support.
- Collaborate with related divisions to launch new product smoothly with leader’s support.
- Practice technical communication properly (report to leader, each periodical official report, next proposal).
- Join global communication with leader’s support.
- Join communication with material suppliers with leader’s support.
(3) Brush up one's expertise and contribute to strengthen company's overall technological competence.
- Strengthen one's expertise and coach juniors.
- Acquire knowledge (chemistry, material and process) required for technical expert and brush it up continuously.
- Acquire requisite knowledge for patent application and apply patents through development activity.
(4) Testing results analysis
- Analyze test results theoretically and efficiently, then make next experimental plan with leader’s support.
- Analysis chemistry and physical properties of developed materials or competitors' technology with leader’s support.
(5) EHS compliance
- Implementation of 5S .
Minimum Education and Qualification Required for the Position
• Education: University graduate (bachelor degree or same level education)
• Working Experience: At least 2 year experience in chemical company
• Technical & Professional Knowledge: General chemistry, polymer chemistry and physics
Job Segment: Patent, Legal