Senior Engineer, Testing
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Graduate
Job ID: EN_CN_24662
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- Take responsibility of chamber lab and apply chambers as the critical tools to screen, validate functional filters/catalyst formulations; provide strong supports for emerging technology development and business growth in Asia.
- Responsible for operation, maintenance, test scheduling and data quality control of 3 m3 & 30 m3 chamber, GC-MS, and one pass reactor in Chamber Lab. Minimize downtime of lab reactors
- Develops and implements new testing protocols of emerging technologies according to national regulations & customer requirements
- Performs in-depth data analysis and provides clues for technology improvement.
- Team up with commercial & technical teams and provide strong supports to technology & business development
- Comply with BASF operation rules and take the EHS responsibility of the assigned lab area.
- Education: equal or above master degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Catalysis background, familiar with GC-MS operation will be a plus.
- Working Experience: candidates with reactor set up experiences and catalyst based background are preferred
- Technical &Professional Knowledge: 1). Excellent innovative thinking; 2). Good English speaking and writing skills, can make presentation in English; 3). Need to show core competencies of BASF Asia Pacific like striving for achievement, communication and interpersonal understanding; 4). Team work ability.