Senior Engineer, Dispersions and Resins Lab
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_24868
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- To support technology solutions/ product development with planning and execution of application testing, formulation, analysis of data, and reporting. To communicates with customers, and suppliers as part of the overall assignments.
- Daily operations: Strictly following test methods, to carry out product quality testing according to the agreed amount of analysis testing according to requirements, schedules, quality; Record and report results as required to lab supervisor or update results in database timely.
- Facilities and equipment: Operate the assigned equipment strictly following instruction/manual; Execute equipment maintenance plan, responsible for equipment calibration and verification, such as equipment use ratio.
- Support raw material management: Monitor raw material inventory according to materials/samples consumption to support supervisor to ensure minimum inventory needs to achieve cost efficiency without interruption of services due to lack of material; support to order raw material and ensure the quality and quantity meet requirements
- EHS & Housekeeping: Strictly follow company EHS rules and regulation. Maintain work place in good condition and meet BASF EHS requirements; apply updated MSDS of new raw materials/chemicals, including label system (printed label) for chemicals and samples in lab, disposal of expired chemicals and lab samples.
- Communicate with customers and working partners in related departments to understand the technical requirements and transfer technical requirements to application tests
- Education: BS or Master’s degree in polymer science, chemistry, or materials science. Prefer with work experience, like 4 years, Prefer with adhesive formulation and application experience.
- Work Experience: Work independently on routine tasks & with general guidelines for new assignments, experience of customer visit and service is a plus
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Apply professional concepts, exercise judgment within generally defined practices & procedures in selecting methods & techniques for solutions. Good team work ability.
- Good command of English, especially speaking and writing.