Senior chemist, Clear Coat
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_23156
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Great China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
- Actively contributing 1k and 2k Clear coat Development activities.
- Lab work of Development projects in the area of 1k/2k Clear coats.
- In depth knowledge of appearance aspects, performance requirement of coatings from different OEMs
- Actively presents information on Clear coat technology to internal customers.
- To Ensure compliance to Quality standards (TS & QS) and maintain certification.
- Exercise a high level of good housekeeping and Health and Safety Awareness within the Lab and insure others to do the same.
- Executing lab activity for Phase gate projects/Topics as per agreed time line
- Implement and maintain global EHS norms
- Ensure compliance to Quality standards (ISO & TS)
- To exchange the clear coat knowledge sharing activities within Technical team.
- Guides and provides required training for technicians
- Writes comprehensive reports and evaluations on data obtained from experimentation and, if necessary, orally/ present observations,.
- Stays updated with current developments in the areas of clear coat
- Develops self and team member
- Master in Technology /PhD, Preferable with Polymer Technology
- 5 years in the field of Automotive OEM Coatings technology development for Master / 1-2 for PhD