Scientist, Process Engineering, Asia Pacific
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_20051
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Great China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
- Execute fluid process optimization/intensification projects, focus on thermal separation and equipment design.
- Troubleshooting and debottlenecking of separation or heat transfer processes and equipment.
- Liaise with BASF Korea production sites and contribute to projects acquisition from plants for local teams.
- Self-dependent execution of process engineering projects for the optimization, debottlenecking and trouble-shooting of BASF processes in the region mainly on Korean plants/sites; technically the focus is on fluid process engineering including thermal separation processes and heat exchange covering both process simulation and unit operation.
- Self-dependent interaction with stakeholders/customers (e.g. plant manager, process manager, others) to clarify needs, boundary conditions, solution proposal - Standard communication situations
- Design and develop project related experimental plan, including related facilities design and setup. Supervision of lab technicians on project basis and functional lead of virtual team if applicable
- Responsible for compliance to EHS rules in his/her area of activity. Initiates safety review for experiments and ensures compliance to according measures
- Maintain regular and effective communication with all plants/sites of BASF Korea; be well aware of the status of operation excellence and investment projects in Asia Pacific region, especially in Korea; identify potential opportunities in line with the competencies of the unit among variety of projects in BASF Korea plants.
- Build-up and enhance network within local unit and local R&D community; actively use network for own project tasks. Build up network with relevant partners/customers with focus on Korea; take care of the acquisition and definition of new projects from Korea.
- Active broadening of own knowledge in field of expertise; broaden repertoire of methods.
- Support development of area of expertise for fluid process engineering in order to help keep technology leadership. Give training to younger colleagues and establish best practices aligning with global experts.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, preferably Fluid Process Engineering
- Fresh PhD with years related working experience is a plus.
- Have knowledge of Chemical and process engineering, production process, technical chemistry; process modelling, process analysis, lab operation
- Comprehensive and deep understanding of chemical engineering principles; sound knowledge of process development, optimization and equipment design; familiar with commercial process engineering software, such as Aspen plus, Hysys, HTRI, EDR.
- Fluent in Engish; preferably also Korean.
Job Segment: Bilingual