Scientist, Heterogeneous Catalysis
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_21672
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
- Start with a several months training at our research facilities in Germany to gain insight into BASF's R&D capabilities and to start establishing your network. Then relocate to Shanghai and specialize in heterogeneous catalysis, oversee catalyst evaluation with state-of-the art test units, lab scale catalyst synthesis and catalyst scale-up.
- Carry out challenging projects in R&D to serve internal and external customer base and propose new catalyst and process innovation projects.
- Lead execution of complex projects in collaboration with diverse internal and external customers.
- Establish and strengthen internal and external customer relationships; initiate new and innovative catalyst and process development projects.
- Lead a lab team to execute required experiments in your field of expertise
- Build strong collaborations with relevant universities and research institutes in the region.
- Support exchange of know-how and experience in the international heterogeneous catalysis community of BASF.
- Ph.D. in chemistry or chemical engineering with above average grades.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in technical chemistry and heterogeneous catalysis.
- Hands-on experience in solid catalyst evaluation and preparation.
- Industry working experience and international exposure considered as pluses.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
- Strong team player with leadership skills; willingness to take responsibility.
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and personal initiative.
Job Segment: Bilingual