Scientist, Advanced Materials Research-adhesive
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_25285
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Great China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- As manager of lab team provide technical solutions for complex research assignments in the field of adhesives using existing and new technologies, methods etc.
- Actively drive the technical development and knowledge gain for BASF on respective polymer fields
- Develop technical solutions for adhesives using existing and new technologies, methods etc.
- Transform the request objectives into work plans for lab team, analyze & interpret experimental results.
- Develop new methods and procedures for testing or analysis within the lab team
- Constantly discuss and align analytical activities with customers and global Research team
- Proactively advise customer (as a coordinator)
- Monitor quality of the work in the lab and of the data delivered to the customer
- Monitor time targets (e.g. data delivery date to customer)
- Present and document results
- Organize and supervise roles, responsibilities and work routines within the lab team; instruct, coach the lab team; develop, motivate, inspire lab team members; implement and ensure compliance with BASF standards regarding EHS in the lab team activities
- Continuously observe, analyses and assess scientific and technical trends in polymer science
- Closely follow and evaluate scientific literature, publications, IP and draw conclusions for BASF
- PhD in Polymer, Chemistry or Material Science
- At least 6 years of conducting scientific experiments in chemical labs (including PhD period)
- Experience in adhesives is preferred
- Team relevant chemistry, and/or methods and/or technology
- Polymer chemistry, and/or physics and/or analytics
- Cross-division knowledge (on customers)
- Internal Analytics Processes (workflow, pricing, quality level, …)
- Good English communication skill