Research Scientist / Associate Scientist, Advanced Materials Research
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_18079
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
- With your home base in Shanghai you will be part of and globally connected with our international research teams, and start your career with an assignment as a lab leader within one of our research teams at BASF in Germany.
- You will get the opportunity to gain deep scientific knowledge and solid networks within our company.
- After your return to Shanghai you will continue your research activities within our international R&D team in China and contribute to BASF expertise and innovation power in the region Asia-Pacific.
- This job offers an inspiring and challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a highly creative and committed team.
- BASF offers excellent career opportunities in an international environment in a global company.
- Manage, supervise and steer polymer related research projects.
- Transfer new products into the market and thus contribute to the overall business success in close collaboration with our international teams from research, development, marketing, sales and production.
- Develop technical solutions using existing and new technologies, innovation methods etc.
- Document and present research results, also to management, observe and evaluate scientific trends.
- Lead, motivate and develop a laboratory team.
- Implement and ensure compliance with BASF standards regarding EHS in the lab team activities.
- Ph.D. in chemistry with focus on polymer chemistry, material science, physical chemistry, organic chemistry.
- At least 1 year international research experience, or more than 3 years of working experience in industry.
- Research experience abroad is an asset.
- Be comfortable working in an international and interdisciplinary team, be keen to expand your area of expertise.
- Excellent communication skills as well as English in spoken and written form.
- Be a proactive team player, show initiative and creativity.
- If you are willing to work in Shanghai with a long-term perspective do not hesitate to apply; all nationalities are welcome.