Manager, Technical Service, Industry Solutions
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_24488
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- Lead the regional team for Application Technology for emulsion polymerization additives in Asia Pacific
- Develop new products application and formulation concepts, introduce and provide technical support to our customers in Asia Pacific, identify and develop new business opportunities in EP.
- Responsible for all technical activities and MME projects related to our EM activities in ingredients for EM in Asia Pacific
- Responsible for setting-up and developing the appropriate resources, know how network and projects to support EP business in the region。
- Responsible to drive new product and formulation developments and customer projects in the area of emulsion polymerization
- Provide technical support for the existing and newly developing emulsion polymerization business in the region
- Identify additional market and customer potentials for emulsion polymerization additives in existing applications and develop new business opportunities in alignment with Marketing and Sales
- Define product and/or application development projects in alignment with Marketing and execute according to the project plan.
- Build-up/ strengthen the appropriate application technology, performance testing facilities and Know How at the Shanghai RD 1 as the regional center of expertise for emulsion polymerization additives and in the defined local Application Expert Centers in Asia Pacific.
- Lead the regional technical team and labs for emulsion polymerization adjuvant
- Build relationship to relevant science academy, universities and strategical customers, associations and government authority and initiate appropriate collaborations for access to information, new technologies and new application developments
- Consult to marketing based on technical expertise in the field and contribute to the further strategy development for the emulsion polymerization additives business in the region
- Provide training support for sales, marketing and technical teams
- Bachelor of chemistry, preferred Master and Ph D of chemicals or relative subject.
- With rich knowledge on chemistry and surfactant, polymer with skill to conduct test in chemical lab, formulation development and performance assessment with 5y up background or relative chemical industry, preferred experience in emulsion polymerization
- With ability of utilization of English in write and oral communication
Job Segment: Service Manager, Manager, Customer Service, Management