Manager, Regional Product Development
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_23942
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
- Responsible for Asia Pacific regional product development activities of ester base stock, lubricant oil additive package and compounded lubricants focusing on Asian market needs, including technical support of local productions.
- Liaise with respective global product development team to drive R&D projects forward.
- Establish Shanghai Technical Center as an efficient product development hub within Fuel and Lubricant Solutions global technical community.
- Strengthen technical capability of Shanghai lab as the global technical hub of polyol ester (POE) synthesis and applications in the refrigeration industry.
- Development of new POE products as refrigeration lubricants
- Development of new lubricant oil additive packages
- Development of industrial lubricant oil formulation
- Conduct technical projects to investigate product, customer and plant problems
- Provide plant support and direction for process improvement and scale-up projects
- Keep track of the technical advances and trends in the lubrication industry
- Development and optimization of organic esters/PAGs for use in lubricant industry
- Create and deliver effective reports and presentations in support of all responsibilities
- Train and supervise other members of the Industrial Lubricants technical group
- Liaise with respective global product development team to drive R&D projects forward
- Education: minimum MS in organic chemistry or related fields plus 8 years industry experience, or PhD degree plus 5 years industry experience
- Working Experience: experience in organic synthesis, preferably with a focus on polyol ester (POE) synthesis is a must; experience in the development and formulation of compounded lubricants, with a focus on gear lubricants, compressor lubricants and hydraulic fluids is a plus.
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: excellent communication and presentation skills; excellent English skills.
Job Segment: Regional Manager, Business Process, Manager, Management