Manager, Product Development
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_24811
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- Product and process development, actively contributes to improve current technologies and develops new products to meet the market needs
- Leads innovation processes – proposes, plans, works on and manages Phasegate projects
- Manages cost/budget, investment for the projects
- Cross-regional communicates on related projects and beyond.
- Writes comprehensive reports and presents in professional way.
- Identifies and conceives of ways to improve/develop products and processes, demonstrates technical advantages of new/innovative products or processes, co-operates with technical service / manufacturing / marketing, translate market/customer needs into R&D work/project
- Directs, supervises and coaches lab engineers and technicians
- Conduct interviews, performance appraisal with subordinates
- Becomes expert in one or more areas of technology (PU Adhesives) relevant to the business, keeps updating expert knowledge by reading journals, patents and internal reports, by attending conference, courses and seminars
- Contributes to safety, QM, Environmental standards of Company
- Education: PHD or Master with >5 year experience in Adhesive field.
- Working Experience: R&D experience in related application fields preferred.
- Technical &Professional Knowledge: Ability to write/speak English.
Job Segment: Manager, Management