Manager, Pigment Dispersion and Color Development
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_21041
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Great China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
- Expert in pigment Dispersion/qualification for automotive coatings for water borne and solvent borne technologies
- Drives Pigment Dispersion/Qualification activities and ensures know-how exchange and collaboration within the Coatings Business Unit globally.
- Maintains knowledge of New pigments launched in market/ incorporates them in new color trends working closely with color design team for automotive industry trends globally , Creation and development of new color effects and color palette
- Design Colors based on color science perspectives/Automotive layer technology/Application techniques
- Lead the Pigment Dispersion/New colour Design team to achieve ECO strategy
- Maintain compliance to Pigment Qualification timeline and milestone completion.
- Analyzes assigned Pigment Dispersion/ qualification targets, usually complex in nature, to determine what must be done to solve the problems in question. Plans the methods necessary for their solution. Conduct necessary literature searches and assess utility of information for objectives.
- Guides and provides required training for the work of one or more chemists or technicians and supervises visiting students or scientists on temporary assignments.
- Writes comprehensive reports and evaluations on data obtained from experimentation and, if necessary, orally present observations, conclusions and recommendations to persons in areas of the company’s interests.
- Develops self and team members.
- Represents Pigment Dispersion/Qualification function at campus shanghai in Global Meets and Events.
- Master degree of Technology. Preferably polymer chemistry/Chemical
- 8-10 years in the field of Automotive OEM Coatings technology development working on colour.
- Fluent English and Chinese communication skill.
Job Segment: Manager, Management, Bilingual