Chemist, Advanced Materials Research
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Graduate
Job ID: EN_CN_24841
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- Conduct experimental and theoretical research assignments under guidance of research scientist；
- Support the innovation process & scientific work
- Assistant the lab leader to develop new resin system for polyurethane composite.
- Under general supervision of lab team leader, perform routine scientific research tasks using standard techniques, procedures and equipment
- Summarize and document results in electronic lab journal, prepare technical reports
- Prepare, run and maintain lab equipment such as reactors, analysing equipment, etc.
- Perform general lab assignments (e.g. raw material inventory review, lab house-keeping) as assigned
- Comply with regulations concerning safety, health and environment
- Support the innovation process & scientific work by: proactively making own suggestions; proactively adapting and optimizing methods, procedures and work flow; gaining familiarity with relevant current scientific literature
- Education: Bachelor degree in Polymer Science or Chemistry or Master in chemistry in Polymer Science or Chemistry
- Working Experience: at least 2 years’ professional experience in lab (research, development) or production. Experience on Thermsetting Resin, fibre reinforced composite is highly appreciated
- Good English and Chinese skills