Associate Scientist, Digitalization and Modeling
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_22812
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Great China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
Objectives:Digitalization in Research and Development unit is an integral component of the largest R&D community in the chemical industry. Increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of R&D by digital tools such as data analysis and modeling, is our mission.
- Actively drive the integration of digital tools into research and development of polymer products and processes.
- Help our research and development units to increase the efficiency of their work by applying explorative data analysis, data based or mechanistic modeling, optimization and design of experiments.
- As a power-user of digital tools you will work together with colleagues from product and process development as well as operational units in interdisciplinary and intercultural research teams.
- Negotiate and work with various internal and external partners in order to transfer research findings to the technical center and production operations.
- Contact with operational units, research groups and universities worldwide will complete your network.
- PhD in polymer chemistry, polymer physics, chemical engineering or technical chemistry, on which you earned above-average marks, or have several years of comparable professional experience.
- Combine a strong polymer chemistry background with practical expertise in modeling or statistical analysis and data modeling.
- Clear communication style allows you to convey even complex matters to non-experts in an understandable manner.
- Fluent English
Job Segment: Bilingual