Assistant Manager, Product Development for Engineering Plastic
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_19373
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- To assist senior managers for all product development activities to support the engineering plastics business at BASF.
- The incumbent shall manage product management projects assigned by management and report results in a timely manner.
- This position shall ensure smooth and efficient work flow of lab requests through compounding, injection molding, and testing stages.
- To be responsibility for prioritizing the work assignments which involve in planning, organizing, coordinating the programs and projects related to technical product management, new product development proposals, formulation development. He or she may serve as a project leader to fulfil program responsibilities.
- To solve customer issues, conduct training, educational seminars, and demonstrations of products, and provide technical finding to internal and external customers, working on any related work assignments given by the management to effectively support customer service, manufacturing plant, and business operations.
- To serve as a specialist with expertise in specialty area of products involving the product design, development, and applications. He or she should be familiar with the state of art competitive products on the market and have the skills of component analysis.
- To work together with process technology, market development, application development, testing lab, and research teams to work on existing projects and propose new projects.
- To maintain the database of testing reports for record keeping and IP related documents.
- To follow all safety rules/policies at Campus processing and testing lab.
- Education: Master Degree in Polymer Science/Chemistry or related field, Ph.D. preferred.
- Working Experience: Minimum of 1-3 (Ph.D.) to 3-5 years (MS) of experience of technical experience in plastics industry.
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: Value added if he or she has skills of coordination, organization, planning, and project management
- Ability to write/speak English
Job Segment: Assistant Manager, Manager, Management