ASSISTANT ENGINEER, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_25286
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- Conduct experimental and theoretical research assignments under guidance of a senior chemist.
- Under supervision of a lab team leader perform routine scientific research tasks using standard techniques, procedures and equipment
- Analyze and document results, prepare technical reports, examinations and summaries
- Prepare, run and maintain lab equipment such as reactors, analyzing equipment, etc.
- Perform general lab assignments (e.g. raw material inventory review, lab house-keeping) as assigned
- Comply with regulations concerning safety, health and environment.
- BSc in Chemistry (preferably polymer related) or college degree with at least 2 years working experience in chemical lab.
- at least 3 years experience of conducting scientific experiments in chemical labs (including study period)