Assistant Chemist, Advanced Materials Research-XRD Analysis
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Graduate
Job ID: EN_CN_24809
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Great China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- Conduct experiment and theoretical research assignments under guidance of research scientist using standard procedures.
- Under supervision of lab team leader perform routine scientific research tasks using standard techniques, procedures and equipment
- Analyze and document results, prepare technical reports, examinations and summaries
- Prepare, run and maintain analyzing equipment such as XRD, DSC, LD, etc.
- Perform general lab assignments (e.g. raw material inventory review, lab house-keeping) as assigned
- Comply with regulations concerning safety, health and environment
- Master or Bachelor in Materials Science with at least 1 years working experience in XRD operation
- At least 2 years’ experience of conducting scientific experiments in materials labs (including study period)
- Major in Material Science with good crystal structure knowledge
- Good oral English