Applications/Formulation Scientist - San Diego, CA
Job Field: REDE - Research & Development
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1703137
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… BASF Corp in San Diego, CA is seeking a hardworking, technically proficient, enthusiastic Homecare Enzyme Development Scientist to set-up downscaled application assays and development industrial enzymes for the homecare industry. You will work in a dynamic, cross-functional team to design high- and medium-throughput, application-relevant screening methods and use them to find consumer relevant enzymes for the homecare industry. This includes hands-on lab work as well as global project leader assignments. This position offers the opportunity to work in a global multidisciplinary team in a challenging and dynamic environment. Applications/Formulation Scientist (1703137) – San Diego, CA Formula for Success: You Will…
- Accept personal responsibility to act according to process safety regulations and company directives, and actively participate in continuous improvement process.
- Design and run downscaled, application-relevant assays to find the right enzyme for our customers.
- Develop procedures (SOPs) and supervise their execution within the project team.
- Develop and refine of scale-down models of application assays to strengthen predictability at full scale testing and at the costumer.
- Lead early-stage enzyme discovery projects.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Ph.D. in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or a related technical discipline and at least 2 years of relevant industrial experience; OR Master’s Degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or a related technical discipline with at least 5 years of relevant industrial experience; OR a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or a related technical discipline and at least 7 years of relevant industrial experience is required.
- Experience in setting up homecare relevant test methods is required.
- LOM(Launder-o-meter)/TOM(Terg-o-tormeter/Full scale washing) is preferred.
- Experience in working with industrial enzymes is a plus.
- Strong technical background and direct hands-on experience with development of downscaled application assay is desired.
- Understanding of homecare consumer needs, protein biochemistry, and stain composition analysis is preferred
- Project leadership experience desired.
- An application-driven, solution-seeking mindset is expected.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego