Statistician / Chemometrician / Data Scientist (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56028581_DIGI4
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and play.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Join our R&D Data Science team and provide company-wide decision support for multiple application areas. This comprises the development of chemical products, material sciences, process control and quality testing.
- You help our research and business units to increase the efficiency of their work by applying explorative data analysis, statistical hypothesis testing, data based modeling, optimization, design of experiments and six-sigma-methodology.
- Therefore, you will communicate and collaborate to a broad community of research scientists and management and will be acting in interdisciplinary project teams.
- Together with colleagues from our IT-units and external partners you will establish workflows for statistical data analysis to non-statisticians by providing easy-to-use intranet applications with tools like R-Shiny.
- Assist in developing and implementing data collection systems in our research pipeline that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- You will also establish and maintain collaborations with academic research groups while evaluating new approaches and exploring new application opportunities.
What we expect
- You made a PhD in Applied Statistics, Chemometrics, Biostatistics or related fields or have background as engineer or natural scientist with a strong focus on using statistical methods and data science.
- You have professional experience in data analysis, data modeling, data mining, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- You are well experienced in using R, SAS, Python or other statistical software to solve real world problems and support research activities (with e.g. design of experiments).
- You have sound knowledge and experiences in the fields of linear and nonlinear models, experimental design, data mining and machine learning.
- You are comfortable working in multinational interdisciplinary teams and preferably, you have already gained international experience.
- You are a creative and motivated team player with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: