Specialist Non-Sulfide Flotation (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56427654_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Within our unit Flotation Segment you will be an integral member of the flotation team and drive the business development in this field.
- You will be responsible for leading flotation plant trials at customer sites (designing, planning and conducting of trials).
- You will help identify suitable chemistry from other BASF units to be used as flotation reagents.
- You will support and prepare project proposals for product development, application technology and R&D pipeline. For this purpose, you will develop a network of relationships with other BASF producing units, research and analytical teams.
- You will support troubleshooting with the flotation issues at customer sites, and train BASF technical service and sales employees in these topics.
- In addition, you will collaborate with external partners, consultants, academia, testing laboratories etc..
- Approximately 30% travel time is expected in support of customer's technical needs. International travel outside of the EuMEA region will also be required.
What we expect
- You have at least a BSc or equivalent degree (preferred: MSc or equivalent) in metallurgy, mineral processing, mining, chemical engineering or chemistry, or equivalent degree in a chemistry based field.
- After finishing your technical education, you gathered a minimum of 5 years' experience working in flotation as a metallurgist, process engineer or for a chemical supply company.
- You have an expert level knowledge of flotation reagent chemistry and have planned and conducted flotation plant trials in the area of large scale non-sulfide mineral flotation (e.g. phosphate or industrial minerals such as fluorspar or carbonates)
- You have a track record of implementing improvements and show an understanding of the sales/business/product development process.
- You have built an existing network of contacts in the flotation community, including process engineers at operating sites, researchers and chemical suppliers.
- You show an ability to lead internal and external technical discussions and you are a self-motivated, customer-focused and resourceful individual representing BASF in an experienced and professional manner.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: