Specialist Exposure Assessment Cheminformatics (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF Jobmarkt GmbH
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: EN56379924_ONLE_3
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
As a reliable partner of the rural economy, Crop Protection offers innovative, sustainable solutions for plant protection and health. With the agricultural center in Limburgerhof, close to the BASF Group headquarters in Ludwigshafen, you can expect an attractive place for both work and play in the Rhine-Neckar region.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Within our unit Global Environmental Fate, you will join a highly dedicated, international and passionate team.
- You will develop in silico models for e-fate (i.e. DT50) for the prediction of molecules and derive chemical rules as guidance for the development process using the appropriate software.
- You will predict metabolism and fate as well as optimize molecules.
- Furthermore, you will provide targeted IT- and statistical-support for current cheminformatics tools, method development and database handling.
- You will also establish software in BASF infrastructure, feed the database with existing data and test and development relative reasoning models.
- Beyond that, you will operate an expert interface to steer internal and external support groups.
What we expect
- You have successfully completed your studies in chemistry (Diploma/Master/Bachelor) or computer science and gained profound knowledge in environmental chemistry.
- Due to your previous work and project experience, you have deep understanding of data and function modelling as well as sound knowledge in bio-informatics.
- Additionally, you possess in-depth knowledge of mathematical models, databases and statistic programs.
- You are well acquainted with standard IT applications and you have excellent German and English language skills.
- In addition to driving innovations and sustainable solutions, you also collaborate for achievements and communicate effectively.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: