Senior Research Scientist - Battery Materials Research (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56354797_ONLE_4
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
The Battery Materials Research unit primarily develops innovative cathode materials for present-day lithium-ion batteries and innovative materials for future "post-lithium-ion battery" systems for international customers from the battery industry. In the process, we work closely with our customers and major automotive groups and with prominent partners and institutions from science.
- In your role as expert and research scientist, you will be responsible for planning, working on and managing projects regarding the structure-property understanding and, on that basis, the innovative materials' synthesis for lithium-based battery cells.
- You will use standard and electrochemical characterization methods to characterize the battery materials developed in this way.
- You will work closely with both internal specialist units and external partners from industry and academia.
What we expect
- You have a degree, ideally a doctorate, in chemistry or materials science in the area of materials synthesis and characterization and have already been able to amass several years of professional experience in the area of battery materials.
- You have outstanding knowledge and skills in the area of electrochemistry and batteries, combined with an excellent understanding of the respective application technology.
- You have solid knowledge and skills in the area of synthesis and characterization of battery electrodes and battery cells.
- You have several years of professional experience in the battery industry, preferably in the lithium-ion battery segment.
- On a personal level, you are impressive for your excellent communication and teamwork skills and your great motivation to drive innovations forward.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: