Scientist Landscape Level Environmental Modeller (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF Jobmarkt GmbH
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: EN56564904_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and play.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Within our Global Fate Modeling unit, you will ensure through mathematic modelling that properties of active ingredients and the major metabolites have minimal risk to the environment.
- You will defend BASF's products by conducting landscape level risk assessment approaches.
- Therefore, you will take on mathematical modelling of environmental processes in the bio-/pedo- and hydrosphere as well as coupled hydrological modelling.
- You will connect water and matter numeric simulation models and geographic information systems for spatially distributed exposure modelling of pesticides in soil and water at the landscape level.
- You will conduct and manage the units' own Scientific Excellence project by establishing a geo-database, developing methods and tools, post-processing model outputs and conducting pilot projects on landscape level exposure and risk assessment.
What we expect
- You hold a university degree (PhD, M.Sc. or Diploma) in hydrology or earth sciences and already gained work experience as well as first experience in project management.
- You have in-depth knowledge in soil science, water chemistry or hydrology, mathematical modelling as well as statistics and geographic information systems (GIS) and you can present your results confidently.
- Furthermore, you possess sound knowledge in environmental chemistry as well as in safety, health and environment protection guidelines.
- You are well acquainted with standard IT applications and you have excellent German and English language skills.
- Your profile is completed by your excellent communication skills as well as your innovative and creative working style based on which you drive sustainable solutions.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.