Research Scientist Electrochemistry (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56513841_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Within our Process Research and Chemical Engineering research unit, you will take on responsibility for research and development work in the field of materials development for electrochemical storage.
- You will develop new material concepts and new processes and methods of evaluating materials.
- Extensive cooperation with internal partners from the fields of research and development, marketing and production will be an essential element of your work.
- In addition, you will supervise and support international cooperative research initiatives as well.
What we expect
- You have a doctorate in chemistry, materials science or physics with a focus on electrochemical storage, on which you earned above-average marks.
- We expect proven experience in electrochemistry, electrochemical measurement methods and the development of battery materials.
- Your scientific and research profile is completed by additional knowledge of inorganic or organic chemistry, especially in the area of synthesis of electrode or electrolyte materials.
- You are an experienced user of standard computer programs. You view good English language skills as a matter of course.
- In your day-to-day work, you enjoy contributing creativity and initiative, view yourself as a team player and are distinguished by strong cooperation and communication skills.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: