Research Scientist Characterization of Living Systems (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56538950_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Within the Analytics Competence Center, you will build and develop a team of committed, qualified colleagues within our group that deals with all aspects of the characterization of living systems.
- In this role, you will work on biological, biotechnological and analytical issues as part of research and production projects and service measurements within an interdisciplinary team.
- With your partners from research, development, production and technology, you will establish innovative analytical methods, online and offline (e.g. spectroscopy, IMS, microscopy or image analysis) for microorganisms such as bacteria, spores and fungi.
- You will actively advance the innovation process with your own project ideas.
- You will utilize existing research and scientific cooperative relationships with external institutions and facilities and also expand and develop these further on your own in order to identify and validate new scientific and research approaches.
- You will work across business processes, including for the development of new procedures and methods for product development and quality control of biological and biotechnological products.
- You will be responsible for compliance with occupational health, safety and environmental rules and regulations within your area of work.
What we expect
- You have a doctorate in chemistry/physics/biology or biotechnologie, on which you earned above-average marks, or have years of experience that have given you equivalent qualifications.
- Through your training and education or professional experience, you have acquired solid skills and knowledge in bioanalysis and the latest analytical methods.
- You are a proficient user of the standard computer applications and are accustomed to mastering your tasks in both German and English.
- You are also impressive for your determination and orientation toward goals, your strengths include not only a focus on customers, but also teamwork and communication skills, which you use to lead your employees to success, among other things.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: