Process Engineer in Computational Fluid Dynamics (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56041350_ONLE_2
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and play.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
The Fluid Mechanics specialized unit of BASF supports the research, development and production teams on issues relating to fluid processes and heat and mass transfer.
- You will work on issues of fluid mechanics and develop methods in the area of numerical calculation of multi-phase and reactive flows.
- In the process, you will define, initiate and manage research projects and develop new methods to move the subject area ahead.
- You will transfer your own knowledge and the results you have developed to the areas of research and production.
- You will recommend measures that are appropriate in technical and economic terms and ensure successful implementation.
- To keep your knowledge up to date at all times, you will maintain a network of contacts with operational units and scientific and research partners.
What we expect
- You have a degree and, ideally, a doctorate in process engineering, chemical engineering or mechanical engineering, on which you earned above-average overall marks.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the field of computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
- You are distinguished both by your skills in the modeling tools Fluent, StarCCM+ or OpenFOAM and by your programming skills in C or C++.
- You are able to develop creative solutions independently and push processes of change forward, and you communicate confidently in German and English in the process.
- You actively participate within the team, contributing your expertise and ideas in order to achieve shared goals and secure long-term successes for the company.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: