Process Engineer / Chemical Engineer Polymer Reaction Engineering (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56116920_ONLE_4
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Our unit Dispersion & Colloidal Materials Research develops aqueous polymer dispersions for large international customers from the coatings, printing ink, adhesive, construction chemicals and fiber bonding industries.
- Within your new role as an expert and head of a lab team, you will assume responsibility for planning, working on and heading projects regarding the structure-property understanding and production process for polyurethane dispersions.
- You will supervise the further development and improvement of the production processes for polyurethane dispersions.
- In addition, you will work closely with colleagues from polymer physics and analytics, application technology, process engineering and production technology and will apply the latest methods from these disciplines in your projects.
What we expect
- You have a degree, ideally a doctorate, in process engineering or technical chemistry in the field of polymers.
- Ideally, you have already been able to amass experience with regard to manufacturing and property and process optimization of polymer dispersions or polyurethanes in the course of your previous activities.
- You have an outstanding understanding of polymer chemistry and process engineering.
- On a personal level, you are impressive for your excellent communication and teamwork skills and your high motivation to advance innovations.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: