Postdoc (Cryo-) Transmission Electron Microscopy (m/w)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Thesis
Job ID: EN56647188_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
We are looking for a candidate to join our Light Microscopy unit as soon as possible as a postdoc for 12 month. In this role, you will support morphological studies of polymers by means of transmission electron microscopy. You will contribute to understanding and optimizing products from a wide range of different areas at BASF.
- You will further develop various staining methods and evaluate them using transmission electron microscopy.
- You will study complex formulations by means of cryo-electron microscopy.
- Through your independent work on projects, you will actively participate in the BASF innovation process.
What we expect
- You have a doctorate in physics, chemistry, biology or a comparable discipline.
- You have solid experience in working with cryo-electron microscopy, and subject-specific knowledge in physical chemistry and polymer chemistry is desirable.
- You are a proficient user of the standard IT applications and are accustomed to mastering your tasks in English.
- You enjoy understanding complex phenomena in the context of practical applications and have high levels of creativity and initiative.
- You are able to respond flexibly to new circumstances, and you use your analytical and logical mindset to overcome challenges with a focus on solutions.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: