Lab Team Leader - Core Facility Molecular Biology and Lab-Automation (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56686427_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
As a Lab Team Leader (m/f) of our Core Facility Molecular Biology and Lab-Automation you will contribute to the development of novel biotechnological products and processes.
- You will head a service lab with technical focus on molecular biology and lab-automation.
- Together with your team you will organize and optimize various tasks in the area of micro- and molecular biology for the entire White Biotechnology Research department at our site in Ludwigshafen, e.g. DNA synthesis, DNA sequencing, qPCR and cloning.
- The work will either be carried out in your own lab or outsourced to service companies.
- A further focus of your work is to develop robot assisted automated workflows.
- Through your close collaboration with all BASF research groups in the areas of White Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Systems Biology you are involved in a large number of R&D projects.
- You will organize and optimize the work within your lab and ensure compliance with occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- You will build and maintain contacts to internal and external service units and academic partners.
- You will monitor market trends, relevant scientific developments as well as competitor activities and initiate new research projects.
What we expect
- You possess a Ph.D. degree in sciences or engineering or with excellent final grades. Post Doc or initial professional experience in the field of molecular biology and lab automation is a plus.
- You have extensive practical experience in molecular biology and biochemistry and cover a broad spectrum of methods (cloning techniques, genome editing, qPCR, sequencing, etc.).
- You are experienced in handling lab automation systems and have a strong IT background.
- You are used to work as part of interdisciplinary teams, you are fluent in English, and have strong communication skills and a high level of determination and orientation toward goals.
- You impress us with your innovative ideas and customer-oriented and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: