Explore Together - International Internship Program Digitalization Polymer Development in Shang
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Internship
Job ID: EN56404188_ONLE_2
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
What you can expect
During this 6 month internship in Shanghai, starting in 2017, you will support the work of our Digitalization in R&D department in the area of polymer development.
- You will build up first principle computer models as well as data models.
- You will use models to support the polymer development.
- Following a period of initial training, you will carry out lab work efficiently under minimal supervision and with respect to safety standards of BASF.
- In addition, you have the chance to participate in cultural activities together with your new colleagues.
What we expect
- You are in an advanced stage of your master studies of chemistry, physics or computer science at an European university.
- You bring an affinity to fundamentals and ideally, you were already able to gain first experience with research and development of polymers.
- You are known for your great study results and your extra-curricular commitment.
- Your English language skills are very good, an additional foreign language will be considered as a plus and you have already had the chance to gather practical experience in the industry as well as abroad.
- If you are also an innovative, team-oriented person with high interest in the sustainable research of BASF, you could be the perfect candidate for our internship program in Shanghai!
- Please apply with your full set of documents: Letter of motivation in English, containing specifications regarding timescale and duration. Furthermore your CV in English as well as all relevant certificates and references in original language.
The Human Resources department in Ludwigshafen will help you with organizing flights and visa in advance of your trip. In addition to an internship salary you will receive an attractive benefits package including reimbursement of your flight and visa expenses. Networking events in Ludwigshafen will introduce you to BASF headquarters and provide an opportunity to connect with BASF employees and fellow participants. Furthermore, you will become a member of our European Talent Pool.
For further information please visit our website www.basf.com/career/exploretogether
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: