Data Scientist (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56097486_DIGI4
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and play.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Join our R&D Data Science team and provide BASF-wide quantitative decision support for multiple application areas. This comprises materials sciences and materials development, process and quality control which are based on data analysis, data based modeling and optimization.
- You will be responsible for projects in this field and closely co-operating with R&D, engineering, central functions and business units.
- You will communicate ideas and solutions of high performance computing and big data technology to a broad community of researcher scientists and developers and therefore, you will be acting as an enabler in interdisciplinary project teams.
- You will also establish and maintain collaborations with academic research groups in that domain while evaluating new approaches and exploring new application opportunities.
What we expect
- You have a background in natural sciences or a background in IT in combination with a strong interest in natural sciences.
- Preferably you have experience in NoSQL databases (e.g. graph databases, document stores, etc.) and programming skills (e.g. R, Python, Java, Knime).
- You are a creative, analytical thinking and motivated team player with strong communication and presentation skills.
- You are comfortable working in multinational interdisciplinary teams and preferably, you have already gained international experience.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: