Data Manager (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56517514_ONLE_3
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
As part of BASF's global Bioscience Research Platform, we are working on identifying breakthrough technologies in bioscience. The Innovation and Scouting group is working closely with other research departments on project ideas, to utilize existing capabilities and to develop new capabilities for the global Bioscience Research in BASF.
- You will consult and support Bioscience Research project managers and scientists in managing their data.
- You will be the first entry and contact point of lab researchers and lab technicians in questions of data handling as well as processing and you will act as their contact point to the digitalization department.
- You will support and consult in creating requirements on IT systems for suitable data handling.
- You will implement and maintain data models for research Projects.
- You will identify and eliminate inconsistencies in data sets of legacy and ongoing bioscience projects.
- You will steer suitable external partners for data curation.
What we expect
- You have successfully completed your Bachelor or Master studies in bioinformatics/data sciences with at least 2 years professional experience in bioinformatics/data science in combination with biotechnology.
- You have a deep understanding and ideally hands-on experience with lab work in the field of biotechnology.
- You are able to listen and to translate between biological researchers, the digitalization department and the IT division.
- You possess deep programming skills (database and script) like MySQL, Phyton/R, SQL/NoSQL and optionally machine learning tools.
- Due to your project management skills, ideally in the field of agile methods, you are able to work under strict timelines and to manage as well as steer research projects.
- Furthermore, you possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- From a personal point of view, you demonstrate excellent organizational, teamwork and communication skills.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: