Computational Material Science - Scientific Application Development (f/m)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN__56570937_DIGI_2
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
As part of the scientific app lab within R&D Digitalization Department in BASF, you will develop computational applications that enable R&D in the Advanced Material and Systems Research division.
- You will actively identify needs of colleagues in Advanced Material and Systems Research division, translate these into R&D software specifications and manage the development.
- In this context, you will work closely together with scientists and software engineers while providing a good understanding of their scientific tasks.
- You will actively participate in the implementation of new applications and take care of the migration of existing applications.
- Furthermore, you will manage a portfolio of applications in alignment with various stakeholders in Advanced Material and Systems Research division, IT and software development.
What we expect
- You hold a PhD or a Master degree including substantial industrial working experience in physics, chemical engineering, material science or in a related field.
- You already gained working knowledge of web-based application development, and preferably working experience in agile methodologies and machine learning.
- You are also well acquainted with programming languages, such as R, Python and Java Script.
- Your profile is completed by your creative and motivated working style with a strong focus on innovation as well as your excellent communication skills which define you as an effective team player.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international Company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: