Computational Chemist Drug Design (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56665302_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and play.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
As part of an enthusiastic global team of experts in our department Digitalization in Research & Development, you will provide decision support to our crop protection and other bioscience research and development activities.
- In the research group Computational Chemistry & Bioinformatics you will work on computer-aided drug design in a team of medicinal chemists, biochemists and biologists.
- In order to optimise active ingredients for life sciences applications you will use ligand-based and structure-based computational approaches.
- You will also be working with pharmacophore modeling, 2/3D-QSAR, data analysis and machine learning technologies.
- You will also be responsible for the structural modeling (homology modeling, docking) of relevant proteins.
What we expect
- You have successfully finished your PhD in computational chemistry, biology, pharmacy or in a related field with a good knowledge in organic chemistry and biochemistry.
- You possess a profound knowledge and experience in molecular modeling techniques relevant to life sciences application.
- You are an expert in using commercial modeling software (e.g. MOE, Schrödinger) and you have experience in scripting or programming using Linux/UNIX and KNIME.
- Your excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English will pave the way to an effective work in an interdisciplinary environment. German language skills will be considered as a plus.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international Company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: