Chemist / Physicist / Mathematician / Chemical Engineer (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56385181_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and play.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Our unit Hybrid Modeling combines data-driven and dynamical modeling solutions including model-based analysis, design of experiments, and process optimization with diverse applications in chemistry, physics and biology for BASF´s R&D and operating units.
- From the beginning, you will be responsible for projects in this field closely co-operating with BASF experts from other units.
- Communicating the ideas and benefits of mathematical models to a broad community of non-modelers and acting as a driving force in interdisciplinary project teams will be key success-factors.
- Furthermore, you will establish and maintain collaborations with academic research groups, evaluating new approaches and exploring new application areas.
What we expect
- You have a PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering or Mathematics.
- You have a strong background in kinetic and thermodynamic modeling and optimization of (nonlinear) dynamical processes.
- You are well experienced with modeling of complex real-world problems as well as combining and transforming data from heterogeneous sources.
- You are a creative and motivated team player with strong communication and presentation skills.
- International experience and knowledge of data-driven modeling techniques is advantageous.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: