Bioprocess Engineer in the field of Industrial Biotechnology (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN55214966_ONLE_2
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and play.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
The Industrial Biotechnology group develops new processes and technology evaluations in the field of industrial biotechnology. BASF's products in this area include, among others, enzymes, vitamins, biological plant protection and organic acids.
- You will develop innovative and sustainable process concepts for new fermentative processes and evaluate these with an eye to their cost-effectiveness.
- You will ensure process documentation for transfer to plant engineering and provide support during commissioning of new plants and systems.
- You will perform technology evaluations and optimize existing processes.
- In order to be informed of new methods, market trends, and competitors´ activities, you will maintain an extensive network of contacts with operational units and partners within the scientific and research community.
- In addition, you will initiate risk assessments and ensure compliance with occupational health, safety and environmental rules and regulations.
What we expect
- You have gained several years of professional experience in an industrial environment n the field of fermentation and integrated process development.
- You are particularly familiar with process development and the scale-up of industrial/white biotechnology processes.
- Your academic background is a study of chemical engineering or (bio-) process engineering, which you have ideally complemented with a doctorate in the area of bioprocess engineering.
- You promote a good team spirit and follow new ways to develop creative solutions.
- Your targeted, clear communication style allows you to convey even complex matters in an understandable manner.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: