Artificial Intelligence Expert (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56646708_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Join our Data Science community and shape the future of digitalization in Research and Development. If a system observes its environment and takes actions that maximize its chance of success at a given goal we call it Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- As AI expert, you will create such systems for multiple application areas in materials and systems research as well as process and quality control.
- You will evaluate new approaches and explore new applications for AI in BASF.
- You will initiate and execute AI projects in collaboration with research and business units in diverse high performing teams.
- In these project teams, you will define and develop novel AI solutions and liaise with academic experts and commercial providers.
- You will communicate and disseminate AI to a broad community of scientists and managers.
What we expect
- You have demonstrated that you can build AI systems based on machine learning technology by integrating advanced algorithms with interfaces for observation and action.
- In contrast to an isolated developer you appreciate and understand experts from all areas of Data Science, including IT, Data Analytics, Data Management, and Project Management.
- You have a strong background in science or engineering and preferably hold a PhD or equivalent qualification.
- You gained experience in multiple projects using different IT environments (e.g. Big Data systems like Hadoop and Spark; Machine Learning frameworks like TensorFlow; and programming languages like R or Python).
- You bring agility, creativity, and entrepreneurial thinking into the team while feeling comfortable in a diverse, interdisciplinary, and challenging environment.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international Company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: