Team Leader, Spectroscopy and Thermal Analysis - Iselin, NJ
Job Field: REDE - Research & Development
Location: Iselin, NJ, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1704330
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Team Leader, Spectroscopy and Thermal Analysis, to join our team. Located in Iselin, NJ, the Analytics and Materials Characterization group is dedicated to analytical problem solving through a variety of characterization techniques, including microscopy, spectroscopy, thermal analysis, elemental analysis and physical testing. We specialize in the analysis of catalysts, energy materials and zeolites/molecular sieves. The laboratory is high volume and fast paced environment, supporting the research of BASF scientists globally.
This position is for a highly motivated scientist to lead the Spectroscopy and Thermal Analysis Laboratories at the Iselin, NJ Catalysis R&D facility. The successful candidate will have a strong analytical background with emphasis on Spectroscopy and/or Thermal Analysis.
Team Leader, Spectroscopy and Thermal Analysis (1702888)
You will lead the Spectroscopy and Thermal Analysis Laboratories at our Iselin, NJ, facility.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Provide technical leadership and direct the activities of a group of analytical scientists and technicians involved in the following areas: Thermal Analysis, Optical and Operando Spectroscopy, XPS and NMR.
- Develop new analytical capabilities; investigate strategies, and innovative methods to support knowledge and product development.
- Coordinate research projects in the area of Spectroscopy and Thermal Analysis. This will include collaborative efforts with research partners at Universities and National Laboratories.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, and manufacturing associates working on new-product development and manufacturing support; interface with clients and customers.
- Handle multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced analytical chemistry laboratory
- Demonstrate excellent laboratory skills, including detailed record keeping and knowledge of safe handling of chemicals, compressed gas cylinders, and high vacuum equipment.
- Recommend for instrument investments and budgets
- Interact and engage with scientists, engineers, and manufacturing associates working on new-product development and manufacturing support; interface with clients.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science with at least 2 years of related experience in a Spectroscopy and/or Thermal Analysis, OR a MS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science with 5+ years of related experience in Spectroscopy and/or Thermal Analysis, OR a BS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science with 7+ years of related experience in Spectroscopy and/or Thermal Analysis.
- Previous managerial experience is required.
- In-depth knowledge and operation of Spectroscopy and Thermal Analysis, to include one or more of the following areas - Thermal Analysis, Optical and Operando Spectroscopy, XPS and NMR.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of research principles and techniques with proven ability to also work outside field(s) of specialization
- Strong written/verbal communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity heterogeneous catalysis would be strongly preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Manager, Management
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: