Intern in the field of physical chemistry (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Düsseldorf, DE
Company: BASF Personal Care and Nutrition GmbH
Job Type: Internship
Job ID: EN56114724_ONLE_5
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Nourishing lotions, mild shampoos, strong styling gels, brilliant lipsticks and protective sunscreens - all of these products contain ingredients made by BASF Personal Care and Nutrition GmbH. We produce a large range of ingredients for body care products based on natural and renewable raw materials.
Learn more about BASF Personal Care and Nutrition GmbH at http://on.basf.com/CareAndNutritionEN
What you can expect
You will support the Global Development Personal Care team for 5-6 months in developing and establishing new physicochemical experimental methods for cosmetic products and raw materials.
- You will gather practical experience in the application of modern physicochemical tests and methods.
- You will conduct physicochemical measurements to investigate a variety of properties and effects regarding cosmetic products (e.g. microscopy, rheology, DSC, emulsion/dispersion particle size and interfacial tension).
What we expect
- You are a student of Chemistry (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) and your academic performance is above-average.
- Basic experience in physical chemistry, particularly in colloidal chemistry will be considered a plus.
- Furthermore, you have excellent communications skills in German and English and possess experience with standard IT applications.
- You are characterized by efficient analytical thinking, your self-driven personality and your self-motivated working style.
From day one you will be part of the BASF family. You will get involved in challenging fields of activity and have the opportunity to work on exciting projects in an interdisciplinary environment. Depending on the location of the respective group company you will get to know BASF and participate in various workshops and guided tours. In this way you will make numerous interesting experiences and get a deep insight into the world’s leading chemical company.
Information regarding internships: on.basf.com/internship
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: