Senior Scientist - Paper Chemicals
Job Field: REDE - Research & Development
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1703590
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… We are seeking a Senior Scientist – Paper Chemicals, to work out of our Charlotte, NC facility. Senior Scientist – Paper Chemicals (1703590) – Charlotte, NC Formula for Success: You Will…
- Display comprehension and “ownership” of Paper Chemicals Colorants technologies.
- Serve as liaison between North American (NA) Marketing, BASF European Union (EU) Product Development, Altamira Production & Technical, North American (NA) Regulatory, NA Procurement, and Third Party products and processes.
- Recommend manufacturing changes to plant production to meet regulatory requirements, improve process robustness, and cost position.
- Formulate technical approaches for projects resulting from business needs. Direct and monitor lab work to execute the technical approach into results.
- Make appropriate recommendations on the technical projects to the management for decision making in a timely manner.
- Identify Intellectual Property (IP) situations and manage IP to help improve BASF’s value proposition to customers.
- Ensure high standards in the documentation of information generated in the lab-project-related data, safety, and quality related improvements in the Lab Tracking system.
- Leverage BASF’s unique technology/analytical capability to solve customer’s complex challenges through networking with personnel at other T&D sites.
- Travel will be required on as needed basis for project execution in Altamira manufacturing.
- Contribute and adhere to Safety, Environmental and Security standards of the Corporation and the Regional Business Unit (RBU).
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, preferably Organic Chemistry.
- At least 5 years of practical colorant laboratory R&D and/or production experience is highly desired.
- Basic knowledge of the chemistry of dyes and aqueous dispersions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively manage interactions with all levels within the organization and with external raw material and equipment suppliers.
- Ability to utilize computer technology and access online information systems.
- Customer focus to ensure timely and quality response.
- Track record of successful new product development and implementation of new processes.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with lab safety standards and procedures.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Job Segment: Law, Legal