Laboratory Technician - Colorant Formulations
Job Field: REDE - Research & Development
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1704406
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. Where the Chemistry Happens… Laboratory Technician - Colorant Formulations – 1704406 – Charlotte, NC
- Work with research scientists to prepare and test colorant formulations for the architectural coatings market.
- Complete laboratory projects to support R&D of colorants.
- Perform maintenance and calibration activities required to maintain ISO compliance.
- Develop the necessary knowledge with the equipment, formulations and procedures to provide expertise to internal and external customers.
- Serve within a laboratory team in such activities as equipment repairs, including interfacing with manufacturers, contractors and site facilities.
- Assist other technicians in the completion of development projects as necessary.
- Generate ideas that improve safety, efficiency, and overall effectiveness of the laboratory and the team.
- Have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated and able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Adapt to prioritization shifts and act with a high sense of urgency on projects.
- Possess the highest standards of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Perform hands-on laboratory work, involving standing for long periods of time.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career. Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- High School Diploma and 5 years of relevant laboratory experience or a Bachelor's degree with lab experience.
- 1 year experience with MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Hands on wet chemistry experience
- Experience in preparation and applications testing of colorant formulations or architectural coatings
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent housekeeping skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Job Segment: Compliance, Legal