Manager Analytics (m/f)
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Berlin, DE
Company: metanomics GmbH
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: EN56322500_ONLE_4
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Metanomics has pioneered the application of metabolite profiling to plant biotechnology, pharma, diagnostics and nutrition research and is an acknowledged industry leader in this field. We are the center for bioanalytics at BASF Bioscience Research.
What you can expect
Metanomics provides solutions to biological questions analyzing and interpreting biological samples using metabolite profiling as a comprehensive tool to better understand the living organism. In addition to this, mass spectrometry based target analytics allow a deeper insight into the metabolism of plants, humans, animals, and cells.
- You will develop methods and technologies in the area of small molecule applications, particularly for complex biological samples.
- You will use automated sample preparation, chromatographic methods (HPLC, GC) and spectroscopic methods (MS).
- You will implement new methods in the laboratory activities of the department according to laboratory SOPs and laboratory safety rules.
- You will provide technical leadership in resource planning and execution, delivery against goals and project milestones, quality of output and continuous improvement.
- You will supervise laboratory staff in goal-oriented, competent, cost-effective and safe operations.
- You will communicate and cooperate with our clients, understand their needs and identify opportunities for value creation.
What we expect
- You have a PhD degree in chemistry, preferably analytical chemistry.
- You are a proactive team-player and demonstrate a high level of leadership as well as project management expertise.
- You ideally have several years of professional experience in the area of analytical methods and technology development in life science research or crop protection R&D.
- In addition, you will bring a solid track-record in management, analytical R&D and quality control, ideally GLP expertise.
- You possess strong technical and problem solving skills as well as strong written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.