Manager, Mortar and Wall Systems Development
Job Field: REDE - Research & Development
Location: Beachwood, OH, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1704252
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… You will lead the product development and support operations for all mortars and wall systems products and technologies. These products include performance grouts, repair mortars, cementitious floors, finishes, and other Wall Systems components. Organize activities to ensure alignment with business priorities. Communicate results and status of activities to Management. Manage development group budget and liaise with global BASF mortars community, field technical service, field sales, and marketing personnel. Manager, Mortar and Wall Systems Development (1703331) – Beachwood, OH Formula for Success: You Will…
- Conduct career and development discussions with employees on a regular basis.
- Manage performance management processes to include goal setting, mid-year reviews, on-going feedback, and annual performance evaluations adhering to corporate processes and deadlines.
- Create an environment where Innovators can successfully achieve professional career path goals.
- Champion change and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas.
- Effectively work with colleagues and promote a team environment throughout all departments of the business group.
- Manage the Product Development group budget.
- Attend and actively participate in industry meetings and events.
- Attend global meetings as required.
- Liaise with global Product Development groups.
- Promote and provide a safe working environment for all employees.
- Process safety roles and responsibilities across the organization are clearly-defined and include an expectation to raise, and authority to respond to process safety concerns. Senior leaders are held accountable for process safety performance. Employees understand the importance of process safety as it applies to their jobs and are responsible for following and contributing to the work processes to achieve improvement in company process safety performance.
- Assure standards of safety, environmental, team and individual performance are met in a high-performance team-based organization
- Address and raise the EHS standards at BASF.
Leadership Core Responsibilities
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- PhD degree required: Preferably in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years in R&D, product development, or other relevant technical or scientific experience.
- Must have leadership experience within a technical environment.
- Experience working and collaborating with global colleagues on technical strategies, projects, and issues.
- Prior background in managing financials, expense controls, and budgeting.
- Experience in hiring, coaching and development, and performance management.
- Proven ability to develop new technologies with deep understanding and experience guiding projects from idea phase to successful commercialization.
- Demonstrated understanding of mortar (repair, flooring, grouts) and wall systems chemistry, products, and applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to make effective presentations, both internally and externally.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Manager, Performance Management, Management, Human Resources