Global Project and Technology Manager - Beachwood, OH
Job Field: REDE - Research & Development
Location: Beachwood, OH, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1704053
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… The technical function of BASF Construction Chemicals delivers New Products & Technology through an international network of R&D laboratories, driven by a well-established New Product Development Stage-Gate process. As part of several continuous improvement initiatives to improve the overall quality and productivity of the R&D function, a small team of global project and technology managers, together with business segment and regional managers, create and drive the new product and technology pipeline. The job advertised is positioned within, and expands, this existing team. Global Project and Technology Manager (1704053) – Beachwood, OH Formula for Success: You Will…
- Serve as a key divisional Project & Technology Management representative for one or more of the business segments within BASF Construction Chemicals.
- Interface between business segment management and the product and technology development teams to ensure a vibrant product and technology pipeline delivery.
- Monitor progress of assigned globally significant projects.
- Partner with Global Business Segment Management and the Segment Portfolio teams to drive and support the delivery of the new product and technology portfolio against an annual budget.
- Spearhead the delivery of specific globally significant project objectives on-time and within allocated resources between Gate 2 and 6 of a Stage Gate methodology.
- Collaborate with relevant resource leaders identify and build project teams to deliver agreed project targets and milestones.
- Continuously upgrade and improve against a Maturity Index, business segment Product, Technology, and Capability Road Maps. Maximize value and impactful delivery.
- Lead global technology, capability, and competence coordination across regional development centers.
- Maintain segment-relevant technical competitive intelligence.
- Develop and maintain segment Innovation reporting metrics.
- Lead the maintenance of a business-relevant segment patent portfolio and strategy.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science-related discipline such as, but not limited to, Chemistry, Materials Science, Physics, or Technical/Industrial Chemistry; advanced degree is a plus, preferably in Project Management, Technology Management, Innovation Management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct and demonstrable experience in an international environment.
- Demonstrable experience across the full project management life cycle including project value propositions, and familiarity with gated, “agile”, and “adaptable” approaches.
- Strong networking, influencing, and communication skills obtained in an international and multi - national business environment across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and obtain commitment for delivery of objectives, on-time and budget across different multinational and virtual teams.
- Prior background within the Construction Chemicals or similar materials/engineering industries, although specific industrial background is not required.
- Experience with working and bringing together different teams of technical and business experts.
- An open-minded team player capable of self-initiating and completing complex assignments in an international company.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Patent, Manager, Legal, Management