Operational Officer Procurement with Dutch and German (m/f)
Job Field: Procurement
Location: Berlin, DE
Company: BASF Services Europe GmbH
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56065766_ONLE_4
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Located in the heart of Berlin, BASF Services Europe brings together an international team of around 1,300 colleagues, with over 50 different nationalities, working in our Finance, Controlling, HR and Procurement departments. The performance and expertise of over 200 of our BASF companies in the whole of Europe are collected together in our BASF Shared Service Centre.
Learn more about BASF Services Europe GmbH at:
What you can expect
To establish our Procurement Services department in Berlin, we are hiring several Procurement Officers. As Operational Officer Procurement, you will ensure our BASF companies in Europe are supplied with raw materials, technical goods and services.
- You will implement and adhere to the company's procurement guidelines and you will conduct numerous Purchase-to-Pay process tasks.
- In collaboration and consultation with our internal business partners, you will handle orders accordingly to the guidelines.
- Assuring timely deliveries and handling non-conformities is part of your daily tasks.
- You will enter master data of contracts into our IT systems and you will keep this data updated.
- You are the central point of contact for operational procurement processes, you will answer questions from stakeholders (e.g. internal customers, suppliers, strategic buyers and colleagues from the finance departments) in a timely and accurate manner.
What we expect
- After finishing your vocational education or Bachelor degree in commerce or a similar field, you preferably have gained some work experience in procurement.
- You speak Dutch and German, English is a plus.
- You enjoy working in teams and you are customer oriented.
- Experience in working with SAP or other procurement related IT programs an advantage, good knowledge of MS Office will complete your profile.
- During the on-boarding period, you are temporarily willing to travel.
- Please apply with a cover letter, stating your salary expectations and your notice period; resume; diplomas and references.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
In our Berlin office, you will be given the opportunity to shape your own personal development, while making a profound impact on our European services. Receiving on-the-job training through our "Buddy System", you will be able to benefit from flexible working hours. As part of our dynamic team, you have the chance to engage and experience diversity & inclusion on a daily basis as well as contribute your ideas to the worldwide BASF network. Please state your availability and salary expectations in your application documents.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.