Product Management Director - Wyandotte, MI
Job Field: MARK - Marketing
Location: Wyandotte, MI, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1704026
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. Where the Chemistry Happens… As the Head of Product Management (Director), you will lead the development and implementation of product management for PMN’s Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and quality management team for N-PMN. You will represent N-PMN’s leadership team by providing ownership and direction for the regions product and quality management. In addition, you will establish common and standardized business processes across all regional SBUs. Product Management Director (1704026) – Wyandotte, MI Formula for Success: You Will…
- Leverage your strategic planning expertise to develop and execute regional elements for the SBUs, and serve as the key regional liaison with global SBU strategy managers to ensure alignment, with focus on CAPEX initiatives.
- Driving financial decisions for the N-PMN and SBUs’ product portfolios, you will work to maximize margins, return on assets, and lead business case development for new assets. This includes setting, tracking, and achieving margin targets for each SBU, taking into account raw material forecasts, revenue development and cost movement.
- You will lead strategic cost initiatives through focus on raw materials, packaging, network optimization, and portfolio management to ensure each SBU hits their financial targets.
- Direct annual product portfolio optimization activities to improve profitability for up to 4,000 products across all industry segments.
- Hold management accountability for the raw material portfolio and direct strategic developments, operational planning, inventory management, production schedules, and procurement.
- Engage with customers to develop a proactive plan to manage supply alignment.
- Lead a cross-functional Non-Conformance Management (NCM) team to perform root cause analysis and resolution of customer quality issues.
- Apply your strong business acumen to mitigate risk within the supply chain of the PM’s 16 plants, and serve as the key decision-maker for proper allocation of products during material shortages.
- Maintain high-level quality management of systems and KPIs.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
Your strong skills in strategic planning and analysis, project management, and team leadership, as well as your degree(s) in Business or a related field, will be relied upon to develop and execute product management initiatives for PMN’s SBUs. Leveraging your previous experience in a downstream business with engineering plastics and polyurethane (or equivalent), you will provide strategic direction for all product and quality management efforts, both regionally and in collaboration with global colleagues. As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable. Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Manager, Performance Management, Management, Human Resources