Commercial Trainee Progam - Architecture, Civil or Construction Engineering
Job Field: SALE - Sales
Location: Wyandotte, MI, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1704180
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment? Do your friends say you are outgoing and take challenges head-on? If you answered yes, BASF has an opportunity for you that will engage your sense of adventure, fuel your passion for challenge, and meet your desire to play an integral part in a fast-paced global Fortune 100 company.
We are seeking highly motivated, mobile-minded college graduates who are interested in launching their careers and gaining valuable experience through a Sales & Marketing Development Program.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
- Approximately 2-3 month structured training program to develop the commercial and technical skills needed for success.
- Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be considered for a business development role for one of our Performance Materials Construction Business Segment.
- Business Development positions will be located in a variety of locations throughout the U.S. potentially requiring relocation with a 500 mile radius
- Enhance career development and deliver value to BASF through the training portion.
- Prepare you to execute the business strategy and drive sales growth in local markets within assigned territory as an account manager (sales / business development).
- Prepare you to support growth and business profitability as an assistant product manager (marketing)
- Prepare you to communicate the value of BASF innovations through direct contact with customers focusing on the benefits of using BASF products and services.
- A comprehensive program of employee benefits is offered, including an award winning flexible work arrangement and 100% tuition reimbursement.
Commercial Trainee Program, Performance Materials The position incumbent will participate in a training program for development in either a business development function. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing the business strategy, managing customer relations and driving sales growth and profitability. Formula for Success: You Will… · Business Development:
- Manage all aspects of commercial business development our Construction Performance Materials business
- Grow sales with existing customers and develop new relationships with target customers to gain more business in their assigned territory (business development). Flexibility for extensive travel with remote nights away up to 50% of the time required.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Recent or upcoming graduates with a Bachelor Degree concentrating in Architecture, Construction Engineering or Civil Engineering (with desire to be in commercial roles), is required with demonstrated academic achievement (Minimum Major GPA 3.0).
- Commitment to relocate to the Wyandotte, MI area for 2-3 months of training and willingness to relocate anywhere in the U.S.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding work ethic and agility/leadership potential
- Ability to extensively travel with remote nights away up to 50% of the time required.
- Spanish bilingual would be a significant plus
- Negotiation experience preferred, but not required
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Bilingual